Georgia Digital Nomad Visa – Remotely from Georgia Program
By Visaguide World
Due to the drop in the economy from the COVID-19 pandemic, Georgia is one of the latest countries to offer a digital nomad visa. A digital nomad visa allows people to work remotely in foreign countries.
In 2020, Georgia introduced their digital nomad visa, calling it “Remotely from Georgia”.
Georgia’s digital nomad visa is a great opportunity for those who want to visit it for the long-term, such as remote workers, freelancers, and entrepreneurs with their families, who want to settle for at least six months up to one year.
Georgia is excellent for digital nomads, offering ninety-five countries the opportunity to enter Georgia visa-free and stay for one year.
Benefits of Working as a Digital Nomad in Georgia
Working as a digital nomad in Georgia has the following benefits:
- Simple visa application process. The visa application process is particularly effortless. Everything is done online only by following the Georgia Nomad Visa website. Moreover, the processing time of the visa is within ten business days.
- No application fees. Applying for a Georgia digital nomad visa is free.
- A visa-free country. Ninety-five countries can enter Georgia without a visa and stay for 365 days. In comparison with other countries that offer digital nomad visas, Georgia is the only one that offers this opportunity.
- Tax system. As a digital nomad in Georgia, you are not required to pay any taxes until your 183rd day of stay. If you stay for more than 183 days, you are considered a tax resident, and the income tax is approximately 20%. In addition, Georgia offers an individual entrepreneur scheme, which allows digital nomads to pay only 1% of their first $155,000 of income. This scheme is ideal for digital nomads and freelancers.
- Availability of bank accounts. In comparison with other countries requiring that you be a resident to open a bank account, Georgia doesn’t do this. In Georgia, you can open a bank account on arrival. As a digital nomad, having a bank account in the country you stay in means your time there becomes more comfortable and enjoyable.
- Affordable living costs. The cost of living in Georgia is $698, and compared with the average of other countries in the world, it is 1.34 times less expensive. The cost of living depends on the city.
Additionally, Georgia is a very beautiful place with breathtaking mountain scenery, black sea beaches, and ancient sanctuaries. In the mountains, you can enjoy hiking and skiing, whereas the black sea offers excellent beaches and hot summers. There you will find serenity and excitement. Georgia is also super friendly and welcoming, with people that always offer help. Moreover, it has excellent food and the oldest wine that it could offer.
Who Is Eligible for a Georgia Digital Nomad Visa?
Ninety-five countries are eligible to apply for a Georgia Digital Nomad visa. These countries are:
|Antigua and Barbuda||The United Arab Emirates||Argentina||New Zealand||Barbados|
|Bosnia and Hercegovina||Botswana||Brazil||Brunei Darussalam||Bulgaria|
|Germany||Denmark||The United Kingdom||British overseas territories||Ecuador|
|Sweden||Swiss federation||Dominican Republican||El Salvador||Czech Republic|
|Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan||Ireland||Iceland||State of Israel||Italy|
|Canada||State of Qatar||Cyprus||Colombia||South Korea|
|Costa Rica||Latvia||Lithuania||Lebanon||Principality of Liechtenstein|
|Grand Duchy of Luxembourg||Mauritius||Malaysia||Malta||Mexico|
|Monaco||Moldova||Montenegro||The Netherlands||South Africa|
|Kingdom of Norway||Poland||Sultanate of Oman||Panama||Serbia|
|Portugal||Romania||Russian federation||Hellenic Republic||Thailand|
|San Marino||Saudi Arabia||Honduras||France||Hungary|
|Tajikistan||The United States||Uzbekistan||Ukraine||Holy See|
|The Netherlands territories – Aruba and Netherlands Antilles||French territories – French Polynesia and New Caledonia||Saint Vincent and the Grenadines||Crown Dependencies of the UK – Jersey, Guernsey, and the Isle of Man||Territories of Denmark – Faroe Islands and Greenland|
Requirements for Georgia Digital Nomad Visa
The documents you must upload on the visa application form are:
- Valid passport. Your passport needs to be valid for at least three months. You must attach copies of the passport bio page.
- Proof of business or employment. You will need to submit a copy of your work contract or your certificate of incorporation. Alternatively, you can submit a letter outlining the details or a certificate of incorporation for self-employed individuals.
- Medical insurance. You need health insurance designed for digital nomads and remote workers living abroad.
- Proof of funds. You need to earn $2,000 a month or have $24,000 in your bank account. To prove your funds, you could use bank statements, stock statements, contracts with fixed repayment, and certificates of employment.
How to Apply for a Georgia Digital Nomad Visa?
You must apply for a Barbados digital nomad visa online, through the official Nomad Visa website. The application process is as follows:
- Obtain the necessary documents. Obtaining all the required documents before applying is very important. These documents you will find in the section “Requirements for Georgia Digital Nomad Visa” below.
- Start your visa application online. You have to complete the application by adding all your personal information and uploading the required documents.
- Submit the application and wait for the approval. After you upload the documents and complete all the steps of the online application, you must submit them. Then, you have to wait about ten days to get an answer via email.
Additionally, you need a visa to enter Georgia if you don’t belong to one of the 95 countries mentioned before.
How Much Does the Georgia Digital Nomad Visa Cost?
It costs nothing to apply for a digital nomad visa in Georgia.
Processing Time For A Digital Nomad Visa in Georgia
A digital nomad visa application for Georgia is processed within ten working days.
How Long Can I Work in Georgia as a Digital Nomad?
The validity of the Georgia digital nomad visa is one year. However, business registration, such as the Individual Entrepreneur Scheme, can lead to permanent residency.
Paying Taxes as a Digital Nomad in Georgia
As a digital nomad in Georgia, you are not obligated to pay taxes until your 183rd day of stay. If you stay for more than 183 days, you are considered a tax resident, and the income tax is approximately 20%. However, in Georgia, you have the chance to register for the Individual Entrepreneur scheme, which taxes only 1% on a maximum of $155,000. This is a perfect opportunity for digital nomads.
Georgia has five kinds of taxes: corporate profit tax, value-added tax, excise tax, personal income tax, property tax, and import tax. The government of Georgia imposes taxes on residents and non-residents who have income from Georgia. The general sales tax rate is 4%, and the state income range varies from 1% to 5.75%.
Original source: https://visaguide.world/digital-nomad-visa/georgia/